Tuesday, September 22, 2009

(Positively) Freaking Out

About 3 weeks ago, it was decided that I was ready for my Comprehensive Exam.

...3 weeks later (today!), I'm starting to freak out (!) because I haven't accomplished anything really, yet I have SO much to do. I thought I was ready for this exam, but I'm feeling anything but ready - I feel doomed! I can feel the doom and gloom mounting on me as I write this (forget the dreams I've already had about this exam!).

To show you how chaotic I am currently, here is a photo of my desk today - actually to clarify, here is a photo of my desk plus the neighboring desk that I've commandeered within the past week:


Eeeeeek...it's wild!

But even with the "doom and gloom" feeling, I'm going to think more positively for there are others in the World who are more legitimately in need of positive vibes and prayers. I don't mean to get heavy, but take note: 1) A family (and our campus) is currently mourning the loss of their son, a freshman student, and 2) A family is dealing with health issues after already overcoming so much. I've never met either family, yet I feel very emotionally affected by their stories. And, I feel silly for being so concerned about my Comps Exam. Deep down I know everything will be OK regarding my exam - whether I pass it now or later. And, I think it's OK that I'm worried about passing it - I just need to put this part of my life into perspective by making sure it maintains its proper (and theoretical) place in "my life hierarchy" (I don't really have a diagram of this mapped out, btw).

So...wish me many productive mornings, days, and nights preparing for my exam! It should be a doozy.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it!!!!!!!!!! just set yourself up for success - focus on the stuff that you know and the supporting information that you should know.

    ReplyDelete